Five of my Favorite Shows of All Time
It is no secret that I am a big fan of television and movies. In fact, one of the things that gets me through the school day is watching tv in between classes and before bed. Here are some of my favorite shows that you can binge watch this summer!
- Spongebob Squarepants- Spongebob is a cartoon that comes on Nickelodeon. My friends and I reference it all the time because it’s hilarious. Spongebob is one of plenty of Nickelodeon’s classic hits that use double coding (creates jokes both for adults as well as children) and it makes it even better to get the silly childish jokes and the raunchy ones. Spongebob is a classic in my book.
- Rick and Morty- Rick and Morty is super cool. I think I mentioned before that I love animation and Rick and Morty is an animated show that was inspired by Back to the Future. Not only is it funny but, it’s also surprisingly deep at times. When I saw the second episode and they introduce a knock of character of Freddy Kruger (from one of my favorite movies, A Nightmare on Elms Street) I was hooked! I read the comics and everything!
- Gossip Girl- Gossip Girl was my favorite show when I was in 6th grade up until the time it was cancelled. Its extremely dramatic (as teen shows typically are) but, it stayed entertaining and I loved the cast. They were all great actors and it was one of those casts where there was a lot of drama behind the scenes as well. Blake Lively was on the show and she dated Penn Badgley in real life. Their characters dated in the show as well. Out of all teen shows of the 2000s it’s definitely the most stylish and managed to stay entertaining throughout its run.
- That 70’s Show- This show is hilarious! Also, it stars some pretty big names before they were big names like Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis and Wilmer Valderrama. I could watch this show over and over and never get tired of it. Plus I love period pieces and That 70’s Show does cool things like short random sketches of Fez fighting as Bruce Lee and Jackie, Laurie and Donna playing Charlie’s Angels. I think what makes a great show is a phenomenal cast and That’s 70’s Show had a truly phenomenal cast.
- The Office- I have been sleeping on this show for years. As soon as I started watching I couldn’t stop I am completely OBSESSED. There’s not an episode of this show that I can get through without ugly laughing. Like That 70’s Show, this show has a cast that works extremely well together. It seems they all remain good friends in real life too. If I had to choose, I could watch The Office everyday for the rest of my life.
Rick and Morty is on Hulu but, Gossip Girl, That 70’s Show and The Office can all be found on Netflix! Spongebob (the old HILARIOUS episodes) are not on Hulu or Netflix but, look for it and you can find it!